Pages

Monday, July 07, 2008

Mission Accomplished - Susanna Carr


Last week I accomplished a goal that I've had for over 20 years. There were times when I didn't think it was going to happen. In fact, there were years when I forgot that it was on my list of things I wanted to do. What was it?

I went to a George Michael concert.

Okay, sure, it was something I wanted to do in the early 1980s when George was singing for Wham! (And if you don't know that group, then I'm going to feel really, really old.) But there was never an opportunity for me until last week.

I'm glad I made the effort to go see him. I paid more money than I should have for great seats, suffered through hell with the company that was supposed to mail the tickets, and it took some masterful juggling in my schedule to make it happen. I thought I went through a lot to get to this concert when it turns out that the couple sitting next to me flew in from a different time zone to attend the event!

I enjoyed the concert, probably more now than if I had the chance 20 years ago. I knew every song and had the memories to go with them. I danced and sang my heart out (and I'm slowly getting my voice back.) I would have regretted missing the concert.

If you could go to any concert, even if the band or singer wasn't performing anymore, who would you like to see?

9 comments:

Margay Leah Justice said...

I would really love to go see U2 in concert. I love Bono! And the music's not bad, either!

Anonymous said...

Alas, I'm not big on any singer that would have a concert, but I wouldn't mind seeing Phantom of the Opera again! :)

Lois

cheryl c said...

Barbra Streisand or Celine Deon, but I refuse to pay the huge prices they charge.

Estella said...

I would love to see Alan Jackson in concert.

Dina said...

The Beatles.

Pat Cochran said...

Several concerts I would love to
attend: The Beatles, The Police,
Wham, The Four Freshmen, Stan Kenton,
and Amen on Phantom of the Opera!!

Pat Cochran

Michele L. said...

Oh I would also love to see Phantom of the Opera again! I saw it last year for the first time and I was just so swept away by it! I have seen Wicked which is just magical among many other shows but Phantom was my all time favorite!

The most favorite singer/group that I would love to see is the EAGLES! I love their music! I have seen a lot of their concerts on T.V. but would love to see them live! Oh and I love GENESIS. That would be awesome to see them in concert!

Michele L.

Sherri said...

I would have loved to have gone to a Beatles concert!

ReadingIsSoMuchFun said...

I would love to see Chris Daughtry & Baby face in concert :)

Hugssss
LindaH