Pages

Monday, February 09, 2009

Yours for the Night

Here’s a special sneak peak of my new cover for Yours for the Night. It just went up on the website this weekend. This one is out in November 2009. I turned in the manuscript to my editor on Friday, Jan 23rd and she read it in one week. Those of you who are writers will know that’s unheard of. This is a trio of stories about ladies of the night, and I really think the cover fits the tone of these modern-day “courtesan” tales, which are fantasy erotic romances to be published under Berkley’s HEAT line. When I came up with the concept, I wanted to write about women’s fantasies. Now none of us want to be a “mistress of the night” but I do think that some women have the fantasy of being paid to make love. Of course, I’ve written very romanticized versions, no street corners, the settings are rich, luxurious, the men are all very sexy, and the women are always in control of what happens. Nothing is forced upon them. But this is also a controversial topic.

So what are your thoughts on the subject matter? I’d also love to hear what you think of the cover for Yours for the Night. BTW, this is the first book, there will be at least one more (no title or cover or release date yet, but I’m working on the concepts), and hopefully more to come!

On the website, you can also see the cover for Fair Game, my June book, #3 in The Fortune Hunter trilogy. I really do love what Berkley is doing with my HEAT covers.

If you leave a post on this blog, I’ll enter you in the drawing for an autographed copy of Show and Tell, book 2 in The Fortune Hunter trilogy. Please leave your email so I know how to contact you.

Jasmine, Jennifer and JB!
http://www.skullybuzz.com/
Newsletter: skullybuzz-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Jasmine. I think your cover is extremely hot. It is a definite eye catcher. I cant wait to read it.

Marti said...

That cover looks so good! I can't wait to read it. Plus I'd love to add Show & Tell to my collection again - see the downsides of lending books. :)

CrystalGB said...

Hi Jasmine. Great cover. Would love to read Show and Tell.

Crystal816 at hotmail dot com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Thanks to you both, I'm so glad you like the cover!

Marti, oh no! Someone didn't return a book! I just received back Emma Holly's Menage after 5 years. A friend was moving and there it was in her boxes and boxes (and boxes) of books!

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Heh, Crystal, I was typing at the same time you were! Thanks on the cover, and you're in my drawing for Show and Tell!

Unknown said...

I am not sure why I have trouble with this part of your instructions, but the email thing always slips my mind the first time around.

Sarabelle252000@yahoo.com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

LOL, I do actually know your email by now, Sarah, but thank you for helping me. It's always easier with that!

Helen said...

Jasmine
I love the cover and the story sounds very intriguing womens fantasies can come in different forms and I do love reading about them.
rsibbrit@bigpond.net.au

Have Fun
Helen

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

That's exactly it, Helen, women's fantasies are all over the map. I think fantasies are important, too, because we can have in our minds without all the consequences. Glad you love the cover!

Mariee said...

It's gorgeous! And I really like Fair Game's cover too. Congrats on them both!
Can't wait to read them.

marieimy at gmail dot com

Estella said...

Great looking cover! Can't wait to read this.

kissinoak at verizon dot net

Jane said...

I'm quite partial to red covers, so I really like the cover of "Fair Game."

janie1215 AT excite.com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Thank you, everyone, I'm so glad that you all like the cover.

And Jane and Marie, thanks for checking out the Fair Game cover, too. That felt like another eyecatching one to me, too!

Pat Cochran said...

Hi, Jasmine,

I join all the others in showing
admiration for your cover! It does
catch the attention! I've read
"courtesan" themed books, now I'll
have to give your "ladies" a read!

Pat Cochran

Maureen said...

I think your cover is a good one because it represents the story and sometimes they don't.
mce1011[at]aol[dot]com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Just got back from my mom's. I nipped down there for a quick visit. I like to get down to see her at least every other week.

Thank you, pat and Marueen, for your vote of confidence on the cover!

Thanks to everyone for stopping by. I'm off to randomly select a winner. Back in a minute or two!

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Marie, congratulations! You are my random winner of a copy of Show and Tell! I'll email you offline to get your snailmail

Thanks everyone!!!!

And for more chances to win, be sure to stop by the jasminehaynes.blogspot.com