Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

My Reading Challenge So Far -- Susanna Carr

I’m participating in the eHarlequin.com Reading Challenge again. Last year I wanted to read 100 books and I didn’t get close – only 36 books. This year I made the same personal goal. I want to read 100 books, even if it means pushing hard.

It’s only April and I already hit the wall.

I was doing great… at first. In January I read 10 books and quite proud of myself. In February I started out strong but at the end of month, I had only read 8 books. By the first week of March, reading was becoming a hardship. I couldn’t finish a book no matter how hard I tried.

Readers on my blog suggested I try reading a different Harlequin line or a different format to shake up my reading habits. Some believed that I should stop reading for a while and not think about the challenge. All of these suggestions were helpful! By the end of March I read 9 books in different formats, different lines and found some new favorite authors.

It’s April 6 and so far I’ve read 27 books. I might have hit the wall, but after a little break, I got right back on track. I’m not on target, but I still think I have a good chance to read 100 books by the end of the year. Even if I don’t reach that goal, at least I’m discovering more authors to read.

Are you doing a reading challenge this year? How’s it going for you?

7 comments:

Donna Alward said...

Sure you're on target! I have the same goal and I'm only on book 22. But I'm sure I'll do some catching up over the next month or so.

EllenToo said...

I'm taking part in the same reading challenge and last year I read 201 books. So far this year I have read 71 but I have an advantage - I'm retired after teaching teenagers for 35 years. So I'd say you are doing great for the time you have to read.

Helen said...

I am not doing a challenge but I did decide to keep tabs on the books that I have read this year and so far i have read
January 10
February 6
March 12
April 2
So far this year I have read 30 books and loving it.
Good luck with your challenge Susana I am sure you will get there.

Have Fun
Helen

Estella said...

I am not doing a challenge, but I read approximately one book per day. I am getting close to 100, so far this year.

Mariee said...

I'm not doing a challenge, but I always try to read at least a couple of books a month. So far this year I've only read 14 books.

Unknown said...

I thought about doing a challenge but I did not. I read about 4 books a week so I could make it maybe. Not sure, I think I would forget to add the books or something

Michele L. said...

Hi Susanna,

Sounds like your doing a lot better than me! I love to read but this year I have been so busy with work, my mom, paperwork, crafts, concerts, plays, housework, etc. that I don't have much time to read. Also, when I get to bed, I am pretty much pooped that I fall right to sleep.

I would say that I have read about 17 books so far. That sounds cool keeping a journal of all the books that you read. I think I will do that!

Keep up the good work Susanna! You will reach your goal yet!