Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Virgin Mistress, Scandalous Love-Child

by Jennie Lucas

Pregnant.

She was getting married in six hours, and she was pregnant.

With another man's baby.

Her boss's baby...


I adore the first few words of this book so much that I know them by heart. Hi guys. I'm coming up out of deadline haze to tell you that my new book, Virgin Mistress, Scandalous Love-Child, is coming out this week in North America.

Diogo Serrador is the most alpha hero I've ever done. I mean, he's really alpha. He's demanding, dark, and so dangerous, he's almost cruel...but very, very sexy. And ultimately: loving.

When he finds out the virgin secretary he seduced in Rio is now pregnant with his child, he kidnaps her from her wedding in Pennsylvania and takes her to Brazil, where he keeps her prisoner in a luxurious cage--er, penthouse.




Here's the blurb:

She's pregnant—and he'll take what is rightfully his!

In the sultry heat of Rio and its Carnaval, Ellie succumbs to her dangerously charismatic boss Diogo Serrador. But having taken her virginity, the Brazilian billionaire wants nothing more to do with her—until he discovers she's pregnant!

Diogo will accept nothing less than taking Ellie as his bride. Their marriage is passionate by night but forced and hollow by day. Ellie realizes she's in an impossible situation: Diogo's dark past has frozen his heart, but she's fallen in love with her husband...

Please visit my website for more information about the book, or to enter a contest to win an autographed book from Silhouette Desire author Olivia Gates, who is my shelfmate this month with the second book in her Castaldini Crown trilogy, The Prodigal Prince's Seduction.

Virgin Mistress, Scandalous Love-Child
is now available at amazon, barnes & noble, and eHarlequin (where it's been a #1 bestseller! Aaah!). It should soon be at a store near you!

Thanks for letting me tell you about my new book. Now back to the salt mines--er, luxurious sheikh's palace,

All my best,
Jennie




9 comments:

Sabrina Philips said...

What a brilliant opening Jennie! This story sounds red-hot, how did I miss the UK release? Off to Amazon to buy it right away....

Have you been to Rio? It sounds so fabulous.

Sabrina xx

Helen said...

Jennie

I love alpha males and this book sounds fantastic has it been released in Australia yet.

Have Fun
Helen

Jennie Lucas said...

Hi Sabrina! Thanks--what a lovely thing to say!

While I was writing the book, my husband actually suggested we go to Rio for a long romantic weekend ("for research," he said), but the 16-hour flight ultimately put us off. We ended up going to Cancun instead. Another very sexy place, with the bluest water I've ever seen. ;)

Jennie Lucas said...

Hi Helen! I'm not 100% sure about the Australian release date, but usually it comes out one month after it's in the UK. Virgin Mistress, Scandalous Love-Child was in the UK shops in March, so likely was Down Under in April. Thanks for asking!

Pat Cochran said...

This book sounds great, it just went onto my to-be-purchased list! Alpha
males make such great writing AND
reading!!

Pat Cochran

Estella said...

Sounds like a great read!

Jennie Lucas said...

Thanks, Pat! I'm a huge fan of alphas, too. Dark and dangerous--tamed by a strong, good woman's love! Those are my favorites!

Jennie Lucas said...

Hi, Estella! Thanks for your nice words. :)

Michele L. said...

This is my kind of book Jennie! Love those take charge kind of males!

Many congratulations on your book! Happy Memorial Day!