Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Giving Up The V - Serena Robar



My new book has a great cover. It’s fun. It’s flirty. It’s even got doodles. And the biggest compliment I get from people is how the girl on the cover isn’t anorexic looking. She looks healthy. Healthy is a great self image to project. I couldn’t agree more. Except the model on the cover of my book is supposed to represent the heroine of the book who is a ‘bigger’ teen. She’s supposed to be a size 13 and the gal on the cover is New York’s interpretation of that size. Is it still a positive body image if it’s a lie?

So I pose this question to you, dear reader. Is it worse to put a too thin model on the cover and say this is the ideal or put a healthy, normal sized girl on the cover and say she is chubby?

-Serena Robar

Giving Up The V, June 2009, Simon Pulse release

So much drama over one little letter.

www.serenarobar.com

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the cover's great and she looks fine to me.....not chubby at all.

Estella said...

I wish there was a standardized formula for skinny and chubby. The model on the cover IS NOT chubby at all, but it might give some one a bad idea of what chubby is.

Pat Cochran said...

I watched Days of Our Lives Friday.
I cannot tell you how concerned I
am about Kristian Alfonso. Have you
seen her arms? Or Kelly Ripa's? It
make me think they are all either
bulimic or over-exercised! The girl
on the cover looks wonderful!

Pat Cochran

Mari said...

I can't believe that the girl on the cover is supposed to be pleasantly plump, size 13. She looks like, what, a size 5? Which is still thin, but not anorexic. It reminds me of the "oversize" models from America's Next Top Model who are only a size 10!

wu said...

The model on the cover IS NOT chubby at all, but it might give some one a bad idea of what chubby is.