Pages

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Halloween is in the Air


It's October, the month of all that is spooky and scary, and I have to admit I have Halloween on the brain. Maybe it's because I just finished my very first paranormal, Dark Embers, which is the first in a series of dragon shapeshifters that will be released starting in 2010. Maybe it's because I'm in the middle of reading a round of fabulous paranormals by the likes of Jacqueline Frank, Shayla Black, Sherrilyn Kenyon and Christine Feehan. Or maybe it's just because I'm a kid at heart. I love, love, love Halloween.


I love costume shopping for my little ones (and myself), love making caramel apples and spooky, Halloween punch, love decorating the house with my two youngest until every nook and cranny is dripping with cobwebs and skeletons and scary ghosts. I'm the mom who makes cool Halloween type dinners for the week before Halloween, the one whose always first in line at the haunted house. And I'm the mom who loves to take the kids trick-or-treating just so she can check out all the cool costumes in the neighborhood.


So, in light of the season, I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite fall recipes-- and there's nothing gooey or disgusting about this one. It just makes use of a bunch of the wonderful fall flavors and ingredients floating around at this time of year.


Yummy Apple Dip (note the original name ;)


1 package cream cheese, softened1/2 cup white sugar1/2 cup brown sugar1 cup Heath Toffee Nuggets1/2 tsp. vanillaMix all ingredients together and chill for one hour. Serve with sliced apples and enjoy. And don't worry, no calories at all in this dip ... LOL!


So, what do you like about Halloween? Any favorite recipes or traditions that you and your family like to follow?

4 comments:

Estella said...

My favorite part of halloween is watching all the little ghosts and goblins trek up the walk in their costumes to get their treats.

Linda Henderson said...

Halloween is my favorite holiday. Probably one reason is it comes in the fall and fall is my favorite season. I enjoy watching my grandkids dress up in their costumes to go trick or treating.

Mary Kirkland said...

Thanks for the recipe. :)
My favorite part of Halloween has always been the scary costumes, the scary atmosphere and the Horror movies. I love Horror movies.

Anonymous said...

We don't do Halloween here in France but we do "pumpkin" ,lol.
October is the month of pumpkin sp=oup, pumpkin pie, pumkin bread... *sigh*, and for that we're all very glad ,-)