Pages

Saturday, January 09, 2010

So Many Books, A Whole New Year's Worth of Reading Time by Megan Crane

I'm having some trouble getting my head around the fact it's a new year.

My Christmas tree is still up. Halls sadly and inappropriately decked. And since I only just handed in a book this Tuesday, I guess my winter break has just begun. Except everyone around me is all about making resolutions and charging back to the gym... which is not where my head is, at all-- despite the current less-than-desirable fit of my jeans. I suppose I'll get into the swing of 2010 soon enough. What helps is knowing about a whole bunch of exciting books coming out this year, that I can't wait to read:


A Field Guide to Burying Your Parents by Liza Palmer


Sleep No More by Susan Crandall


Pure Princess, Bartered Bride by my alter-ego, Caitlin Crews (Actually, I'm more excited for you to read this one!)


Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh


The second in Michelle Rowen's young adult Demon Princess series, Demon Princess: Reign Check

AND Michelle's brand new adult paranormal series:


Demon In Me


Summer of You by Kate Noble

That should certainly take the edge off! What about you? What books are you looking forward to in this brand new year?

Happy Reading!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look like some great books. Kate Nobles book looks really great.

Rebekah E. said...

Those like some really good books. I really want to read No more Sleep. The summer of you looks really good too.

Estella said...

I am looking forward to Fugitive and Hero by Cheryl Brooks.

Pat Cochran said...

I'm looking forward to Anna
Campbell's My Reckless Surrender,
due out in June of 2010!

Pat Cochran

Pam P said...

Never miss Nalini's books, and Kate Noble's up top of my wishlist, too. Recommend Kate's Revealed if you haven't yet read it, one of my best reads of 2009, and with a very nice beta hero and heroine, wonderful romance.

Michele L. said...

Your list of books rocks! Good choices! I am looking forward to, BLONDE WITH A WAND by Vicki Lewis Thompson
FIRESPELL by Chloe Neill
THE NEXT BIG THING by Kristin Higgins
MOON CRAVING by Lucy Monroe
CHASING PERFECT by Susan Mallory
UNDEAD AND UNFINISHED by Mary Janice Davidson

and some others but can't remember them all.

Jennie Lucas said...

Hey Megan (Caitlin), Pure Princess, Bartered Bride looks great! The first chapter is gripping. I can't wait to read the book!

And Pat, thanks for the heads-up about Anna Campbell's new book coming out this summer. I thought I'd have to wait a year for her next one so that's fab news!

Jennie

Atia Austen said...

I'm looking forward to Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole, The Historical Study of Women: England 1500-1700 by Amanda Capern and Pure Princess, Bartered Bride sounds great, too.

Linda Henderson said...

Your list is great. Always looking for Nalini's latest. I'm also looking forward to The Mammoth Book of Irish Romance, the latest installment in Nora Roberts Bride quartet, latest J.D.Robb In Death book and a host of others. Of course I always read the Harlequin Presents titles.

Megan Crane said...

You guys have great suggestions! I'll just add a million more books to my To Be Bought list, as if my TBR pile is not already overtaking my house...

And Jennie, aren't you sweet! I ADORED every moment of The Christmas Love Child--such a perfect Christmas book (with the yummy Maksim)! And as a matter of fact, I have already read the excerpt from Bought: The Greek's Baby and really, really can't wait to read the rest!

Scarlet Wilson said...

my TBR pile on my bedside cabinet is in danger of causing an avalanche. But I just can't stop buying them and I may just buy some more after these recommendations!

Van Pham said...

I'm looking forward to;
A local habitation by Seanan McGuire
Shift by Rachel Vincent
First drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost
Succubus Shadows by Richelle Mead
Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews