Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

High Flying, Adored by Caitlin Crews

I am flying to and fro across the country this weekend, which leads me to contemplate how much I dislike air travel, and how remarkably unpleasant it all is these days.

I remember when I was much younger and getting to take an airplane somewhere was a treat! Family and friends could walk you to your gate, have dinner with you, then wave you off. Food was plentiful and delicious when you got on board. Seats were comfortable.

As we all know, that is a thing of the past.



I'm sure this is one more reason why I love writing for Presents. Presents heroes do not take commercial airlines to get where they need to go. Perish the thought! They prefer private jets, decked out in the very latest in luxury. Like so:




I get to live vicariously through my heroines as they lounge about in these high-flying extravagances, far far away from the cattle call of the coach seat where I'll be spending some quality time this weekend.

In my new book, which is available right now on on the Mills and Boon website (you can find it next month in the UK and in October in the US), my heroine, Jessa Heath, reluctantly agrees to meet her ex-lover for dinner--only to be swept off to Paris in a luxury jet that I imagine looks a lot like that one. Tariq bin Khaled Al-Nur is a king and a serious problem for Jessa, who is convinced that she needs to remain safely hidden in her ordinary life if she is to protect the secret she cannot tell Tariq, no matter what.

Obviously, things do not go as planned.



Here's a little blurb to whet your appetite:

Her royal baby secret!

As treacherous and formidable as the desert he wishes to rule, Sheikh Tariq bin Khalid Al-Nur is furious that he cannot take the throne until he marries. But he cannot wed until he’s rid his dreams of the ordinary but bewitching Jessa Heath...

Jessa knows she and Tariq have unfinished business, but she is treading on shifting sands! What if she were to take control and allow herself the one night he’s offering? However, that’s all it would take to reveal the secret she has so desperately kept hidden…


Meanwhile, think of me in the friendly skies!

4 comments:

runner10 said...

Now that is the only way to travel. I can't wait to read your new book.

Michele L. said...

Ooo...very tantalizing excerpt! This is definitely on my To-Buy list!

I remeber in the 70's traveling to Texas with my parents on a plane to visit my brother. We had a wonderful meal including drinks and that was just coach! Now your lucky if you get a bag of pretzels!

Pat Cochran said...

Snazzy accommodations! Where do
I sign up and where will we be
going? May I suggest Venice?

Pat Cochran

Laurie G said...

I don't like to fly but these jets would really relieve the pain!

I want to find out what happens between Jessa and Tariq!!