Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Author in the Big City - Terri Brisbin

I have the chance to play ‘glamorous romance author’ this week in the place that could be called ‘heaven on earth’ to booklovers and authors -- Book Expo America in NYC! BEA is the professional convention/tradeshow for independent booksellers from all over the country to meet with publishers, their sales forces, meet authors and GET BOOKS. . . All kinds of books, from ARCs (advanced reading/review copies) to the finished products and all sorts of other forms for promotional reasons. Some won’t hit the shelves and stores for months while others have been out there already.


So, as a reader and long-time book lover, this place is heaven….second only to that town in Wales that is all bookstores everywhere (Hay-on-Wye) which is a place I WILL VISIT…but for now, I’ll enjoy BEA.


And, as an author, I get to sign and meet booksellers who sell my books….and other romances in their stores. These are key people in the business because, if they don’t carry romances, that means lost readers. So, I’ll be there, signing copies of my current Harlequin release and my current Brava release and shaking hands and talking to people who know romance novels and love reading them (and selling them) as much as I do….


And I’ll be getting some books, too! I mean how can I not turn into a fan girl when some of my very favorite authors (across the market) will be there signing their books? But the best part -- and the only one I really really want to meet is a new author….some of you might know him already from one of his other careers -- actor, singer, Doctor on General Hospital…yes!! Rick Springfield is scheduled to promote his upcoming autobiography entitled “Late, Late at Night” which fans will recognized as lyrics from his “Jesse’s Girk”.

If you hear some serious screaming, coming from the direction of NYC, you’ll know I got close enough to meet him….LOL! If not? Oh well, I’ll have some serious books to console myself with for months to come!


Terri is thrilled to be in a Kensington BRAVA anthology with Susan Johnson and Mary Wine this month and she’ll be signing that book at BEA on Thursday at the RWA Booth (#3484). Please stop by if you’re attending. She’ll be signing her April Harlequin Historicals at the Harlequin booth (#3922) on Wednesday at 2pm. For those unable to attend, she’ll be giving away a copy of each book to two random posters who comment and tell her who they’d like to meet in person,…author, celebrity, historical person, whoever!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to meet George Clooney.

Unknown said...

I have always wanted to meet Constance O'Banyon because she is the author that got me started reading! Now there is so many new authors I would love to me because I fell in love with their books and there is just to many to mentions!

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Armenia said...

I'd love to meet Robin Schone or Susan Johnson. They paved the road for my romance reader heart to pushing the envelope in darker, provocative stories.

armiefox at yahoo dot com

s7anna said...

I would love to meet Lisa Jackson...I love her work and have all her books.

*hugs*
Anna
s7anna@yahoo.ca

Mary Kirkland said...

Ya know I had to think about this and all I could come up with is I'd love to meet one of those tall, dark and delicious Carpathians from Christine Feehan's Dark Series. lol

practimom said...

There are so many, but i think JR Ward, Lara Adrain, Alyssa Day, and Shayla Black top the list. oh to be in NYC

Alison said...

I have been to Hay-on-Wye (I thought it was in England?) and it's great except that, obviously, all the books are priced at a fair price for the seller. Nothing to beat stumbling across a great book in a junk shop at a commensurate price! I would like to meet - Santa! I have a list for him already...

Michele L. said...

I would love to meet J.K. Rowling who wrote all the Harry Potter books. I just love all her books!

As for romance authors, I would love to meet Vicki Lewis Thompson, Janet Evanovich and Stephanie Bond. I have practically all of their books!

Virginia C said...

I would have loved to have met Kathleen E. Woodiwiss and to thank her for making me a romantic fiction devotee! : )