Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lilian Darcy - Bridal Showers

Recently, a friend asked on Facebook about life’s little pleasures, and what we loved. We all at once said, “Coffee!” naturally, but then I started thinking about a few others, and came up with showers.

No, not bridal showers. Those are hideous. C’mon.

…Although if you want to read about train-wreck Bridezilla wedding events – where somebody, somehow, manages to pull a happy ending rabbit out of the hat, even if this happiness does not include the original bridal couple  - you cannot go past the new Great Wedding Giveaway mini-series from http://montanabornbooks.com/  

With authors such as Trish Morey, Kelly Hunter, Sarah Mayberry and Megan Crane involved, there are some amazing books to devour.



The covers, alone, I could eat for breakfast, and since I’m not part of the series as a writer, it means I get to enjoy them a reader. Such a treat!

Wait, where was I? Oh, yes, showers.

Real showers.

Hot showers.

I don’t think we appreciate them enough. Of a morning, it’s that damned coffee that gets all the attention.

But, really, is there anything like a good hot shower?

If you’re a parent, think about when your kids were little (maybe they still are) and how sometimes those minutes you spend in the shower are the only ones you truly have to yourself all day.

If you’re the outdoor type, think about coming back from a day on the boat or the ski slopes or with the horses. You’re filthy and smelly and tired. You strip off, step under those steaming needles and the dirt and fatigue just wash away. You put your water-buffed body into clean, comfortable clothes and then fall asleep on the couch watching re-runs of old crime shows and… ahhh!

If you’re a lover, you get to share your shower. Let’s hope it’s big enough. You lather your hands up with soap and run them all over your beloved’s body, and water streams down your faces and drips into your mouth as you kiss.

Hm, I think Casey and Kira, the hero and heroine I’m writing about, right now, in After the Rain could do with a shower scene of their own…


2 comments:

Connie said...

Oh yes! I love to crawl out of bed and into a hot shower in the morning! It wakes me up immediately. In the meantime, my hubby is making coffee so I can grab a cup as soon as I hit the kitchen. It's things like this that make life wonderful. Of course, the icing on the cake is then sitting down with my coffee to read a good book like you've mentioned here. Life is Good!!

girlygirlhoosier52 said...

There's this problem with low flow shower heads... you need to be 2nd in the shower to get the HOT water...