Pages

Monday, October 06, 2014

Addison Fox: Fall Favorites

I’m a sucker for fall. The cooler weather, new clothing that actually has sleeves and the chance to leave my windows open to catch the breeze are all hallmarks of the changing season and I love each and every one of them. My mood changes when fall arrives, too. I hunker down a bit more as the end of the year begins to move into my sights.

Have I completed what I wanted to? Accomplished my goals for the year?

My excitement grows along with the questions since fall also signals the gathering holidays. Pumpkin flavored everything has invaded the store shelves and before you know it we’ll be cooking turkeys and wrapping presents.

I’m always amazed what I accomplish in my writing in the fall as well. New ideas seem as crisp as fresh apples and I’m always busy jotting down bits of story or short character sketches that I know I’ll come back to.

I’m getting ready to start a new project and while I’m incredibly excited about that one, I’ve already begun to think a few books ahead. A new hero has caught my attention and I keep telling him to shut up and marinate in the recesses of my brain for a while as I work on a different hero who was equally yummy all on his own six months ago (while – yep, you guessed it – I was working on a different book!)

For me, writing is a lot like the seasons. Each book brings new challenges and new discoveries. Finishing one book is like the end of a season rolling around. I am definitely sorry to say good-bye but I’m excited for the new scenery and fresh story. After all, part of the fun in life is looking forward to what’s still to come. Writing is surprisingly similar.

So what do you think? Are you a fan of fall? And if not, what’s your favorite season and why?

Thanks for joining me today!

XOXO,
Addison



Despite early ambitions of being a diver, a drummer or a doctor, Addison Fox happily discovered she was more suited to life as a writer. She lives in Dallas and - thankfully - doesn't have to operate on anyone. You can find her at her home on the web at www.addisonfox.com. Her latest book, THE MANHATTAN ENCOUNTER, is currently out from Harlequin Romantic Suspense. You can visit her at her website at www.addisonfox.com

1 comment:

Mary Preston said...

I do like autumn best. Such a lovely change after the heat of summer.