Pages

Saturday, November 01, 2014

Lucy Monroe: Researching for my Ruthless Russians Duo


It's funny how books and mini-series come about.  A couple of years ago, my editor sent me a list of upcoming Harlequin Presents themes they were doing mini series for and one of them caught my attention and my imagination.  Notorious heiresses.  So, how did we get from there to Ruthless Russians?

It all started in San Francisco.  I'd decided I wanted to write a book duo about two old-money heiresses who'd grown up as close as sister on San Francisco's Nob Hill.  So, I asked my daughters if they'd like to go on a little trip with Mom.  One said yes, the other was still leery about leaving the baby home.

Isabelle and I had an amazing time in San Francisco and as will often happen, parts of the city I didn't expect to play into the story fascinated me.  I took tons of photos of the areas I intended to write about and the hotel that would inspire The Chatsfield - San Francisco (from Sheikh's Scandal).

When I began writing An Heiress for His Empire, the relationship between Vik and Max became every bit as intriguing and important as that between Maddie and Romi.  By the time I began working on A Virgin for His Prize, I knew that my guys who'd grown up in the Russian community in San Francisco and were now self-made tycoons were the center of the story every bit as much as the unconventional heiresses that ignited their passions and ultimately captured their hearts.

San Francisco is a city rife with subculture.  Isabelle and I absolutely loved it and hope to return, buy I think you'll find a good dose of the city's flavor in both books in my Ruthless Russians duo.  In fact, I think you'll find yourself wanting to visit after reading the books.

What is one place you've always wanted to visit, but have only had the chance to read about?

Hugs and Happy Reading,
Lucy

AN HEIRESS FOR HIS EMPIRE
© By Lucy Monroe

Ruthless Russians mini-series
Harlequin Presents #3274
October 2014 (09-16-14)
ISBN-10: 0373132808
ISBN-13: 978-0373132805

The story: Innocent debutante Madison Archer has hit the headlines for a scandal not of her making. Now, marriage to the unscrupulous Viktor Beck is the only way to save what’s left of her reputation!

The contract: Maddie has always featured in Viktor’s plans to take over her father’s company and expand his empire. The intense attraction between them only sweetens the deal he’s offered....

The secret: Though love doesn’t beat in Viktor’s heart, he’ll show Maddie just how hot their chemistry can be. But even this corporate shark is in for a shock—his wild socialite is still a virgin!

Read an Excerpt

A VIRGIN FOR HIS PRIZE
© By Lucy Monroe

Ruthless Russians mini-series
Harlequin Presents #3282
November 2014 (10-21-14)
ISBN-10: 0373132883
ISBN-13: 978-0373132881

Her awakening: San Francisco heiress Romi Grayson has only had a taste of Maxwell Black’s addictive brand of seduction and knows she should stay away...especially having discovered just how determined he is to possess her!

His proposal: Max prides himself on always being in control, yet somehow Romi sneaked under his cast-iron defences, then walked away. Now he is driven to finish what they started....

The ultimate prize! This Russian tycoon will stop at nothing, even blackmail, to have Romi warm and willing in his bed. And her innocence will make his long-awaited possession all the sweeter....

Read an Excerpt

I love the book trailer that COS Productions created for An Heiress for His Empire and wanted to share it with you all as well. :)



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, there are so many places I've read about that I want to visit. Sydney, Australia tops the list though! :)

Laurie G said...

I'd love to hikethe Amalfi Coast and see the whole Five Fingers area. The city, Sorrento, sounds interesting with it's lemon theme.