Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Carole Mortimer: Regency Romances


Happy (slightly early) Valentine’s Day, Everyone.

I love Valentine’s Day. Even after all these years of being together, my husband and I always send each other a card. And somehow, each year, we manage to find that perfect one that says exactly how we feel about each other. Peter is my soul-mate, I am his. I truly hope that you have all found that in your own life too.

This month I thought I would talk about my Regency Romances, most especially my new series, Regency Unlaced. I’ve been a fan of the Regency since reading my first Georgette Heyer novel when I was 11 – what can I say, I was a precocious child! My very favorite Heyer novel is Regency Buck, and I tend to reread it once a year. Because of my love for reading books set in the Regency period, 1811-1820, in 2009 I decided I would like to write books in that period, as well as my contemporaries. I’ve now written 25 Regencies for Harlequin. And November 2015 saw the publication of The Duke’s Mistress, the 1st novella in my very own Regency Unlaced series.

An Author’s note: the novellas in the Regency Unlaced series are much hotter, and the language more explicit, than in my previous Regency novels. (I believe the “Unlaced” part in the title of this series speaks for itself!)

This above note is on the blurb to all the novellas in this series, because they really are steaming hot, and the use of language is applicable to the period too.

To my great joy, The Duke’s Mistress has been wonderfully received by readers – thank you so much for your emails and reviews, I really appreciate them. January 29th saw the publication of the 2nd novella in the series, Claimed by the Marquis (Regency Unlaced 2) and this has been just as warmly received. The 3rd novella, Taken by the Earl, is now available for pre-order, and will be published April 2nd.

There are links at the bottom of the blog to all three Regency Unlaced novellas.

So what’s coming up next, you’re probably wondering. Well at least 5 more Regencies before the end of 2016, the start of a new contemporary series, title Knight Security, and an anthology with 4 other great authors, coming out very soon. I will also be writing a Presents trilogy for Harlequin this year, due to be published 2017.

Somewhere in there I will also be spending time with my wonderful husband and family – oh, and sleeping occasionally too, I hope!

Have a great February,
Carole x     

The Duke’s Mistress (Regency Unlaced 1)
Claimed by the Marquis (Regency Unlaced 2) 
Taken by the Earl (Regency Unlaced 3)
Newsletter: www.epurl/2rfzz

            

1 comment:

dstoutholcomb said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Denise