Pages

Friday, November 04, 2016

CJ Carmichael: My Thankful List

Author Melissa McClone’s newest release, A Thankful Heart, (book 2 in our Love at the Chocolate Shop series) showcases a heroine with a huge heart. Dakota knows how to appreciate the good things in her life, and the lessons she has to teach the hero help make this a truly special read.


Since I’m working on the Love at the Chocolate Shop series with Melissa, I was able to read an advance copy of this wonderful book, and it left me with a real appreciation for the importance of being thankful.


Every time I pick up a newspaper or catch the news on TV or the radio, I am thankful for all the big things in my life that make me one of the truly fortunate. I’m thankful for my children, husband, friends and family. I’m thankful to live in a lawful country that respects the rights of all humans. I’m thankful for my health, for my home, and for having the means to live comfortably unlike so many in the world.

Yes. So fortunate.

A poem I was reading last night also reminded me it’s important to reflect on all the little things that give joy as well. And so, today, as I sit at the island in my kitchen and look out my window I am thankful for…

The delicious latte my husband makes me every morning…

The lovely finches and chickadees who are feeding on sunflower seeds outside my window right now…

The space and quiet to do work I love right from my own home…

The knowledge that I don’t have to cook dinner because there is left over pot roast in the fridge…

And maybe best of all, a wonderful book waits for me to start reading it when I finish my work for the day…

What joys are making you smile today? I hope anticipation for reading a good book is one of them.

Warmly,
C.J. Carmichael

2 comments:

dstoutholcomb said...

I'm thankful for family and friends.
Good books and tea.
Simple pleasures in life.
And the time to write.
I'm thankful I live in a country where I can worship in my Faith and know my freedoms didn't come free (one brother is a disabled veteran).
I'm thankful for the education I have.
Flowers for no reason.
And music.

Denise

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful things to be thankful for Denise.
xxx