Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Eve Gaddy: Christmas is coming!

Christmas is coming! I know you're all out shopping on Black Friday. No? I'm not either! I figure if you're reading this there's a good chance you're not shopping.

I have a number of friends who adore this day. They get all their Christmas shopping done and for a good price. Sometimes they get amazing bargains. But the few times I tried to shop on Black Friday were not a success. First, I'm very short. When you're as short as I am, you are eye level with most people's elbows. Consequently, I really don't like crowds.

The second thing. I've talked before about my problems with organization. Sometimes I know several things I want to get for friends and family early. But that's rare. I think you need to go with specific things in mind that you want to buy. I don't usually manage that. Besides, I like to Christmas shop but I don't want to do it until closer to Christmas. If I do it early I feel kind of lost for the month of December.

Third thing. This is a biggie. I can't think of any reason to voluntarily get up at two or three in the morning to stand in line in the cold darkness.


Are you a Black Friday shopper? Do you love it, hate it or don't care? Make a comment and I'll select one winner for my Christmas book, The Doctor's Christmas Proposal. This is Wyatt Gallagher's story. Here's a peek at the cover. If you want to see more, check out my webpage, www.evegaddy.net.  Available at all digital retailers.



4 comments:

jcp said...

Shopping online on Monday is so such easier

alysap at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

I'd rather do it online, too.:) I don't mind the stores when they're not so so crowded, though.

Audrey said...

Eve, I prefer on-line shopping to on-ground shopping. That gives me more time to enjoy the holidays and cuddle up with my favorite book! This one looks like a perfect winter read. Glad to see Tule Publishing offer so many great choices. I especially love the cover of this one!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Audrey! I love the Christmas cover too. I think it's so pretty.