Pages

Monday, November 28, 2016

Getting Into The Holiday Spirit -- Michelle Monkou


Thanksgiving in the the U.S.is over. Black Friday mayhem is another memorable blip on our timeline. And now it's time to get into the swing of things with the holiday season.

For me, Christmas is about childhood memories and the ones that I hopefully created for my children. The smell of food cooking, especially baked goodies, would fill the kitchen and the rest of the house with delicious smells. Decorations would be pulled out for quick inspection and then adorn walls, shelves, and the corner for the Christmas tree. And Christmas songs playing on the stereo were the official signal that our house would be turned into a winter wonderland.

From the list of popular Christmas songs, I have a few that always touch me and bring me closer to the reason for the season.

I hope that whatever your faith or philosophy you also have wonderful memories and songs that bring you good cheer.

Here's to a delightful December:



Celtic Women - O Holy Night





Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song





How do you celebrate the season? Any favorite songs to share?

All the best,


Michelle Monkou
http://michellemonkou.com



No comments: