Pages

Friday, November 18, 2016

Romance On Fire; Romance On Ice -- Lisa B. Kamps

Many thanks to Lee for allowing me to be part of this blog. I'm so excited! I guess the best place to start is with a little introduction.
I was born and raised in Maryland and currently live in the northern part of the state in the "country". I've been married to hubby for 24 years and we have two sons (22 and 19). We also have some shorthorn cattle, way too many freaking chickens, two attitude-toting cats, and one Border Collie who's the princess and actually runs the place.
I write contemporary romance and have two series out: The Baltimore Banners (can we say hot hockey players?!) and Firehouse Fourteen (yup, hot firemen!!). So why hockey?
Well, I came into my love of hockey in the late 90's, thanks to a friend of mine--a big hockey fan--who moved here from Colorado. We won club level seats to a Washington Capitals game (they played Florida, and won by something like 11-2) and I was instantly hooked. It didn't hurt that Richard Zednik (who was a scratch that night) happened to be sitting right in front of me. Literally. Like, his head was damn near between my legs. Oh, if I only knew then what I know now…! So yes, I like to tell everyone that I had a hockey player between my legs and watch their faces (before I give them the whole story, of course!). I've been a hockey fan since then and it seemed only natural to incorporate my love of hockey into my writing.
Every hockey team needs a hometown so I decided to turn Baltimore into a hockey city! Even the team name has a connection to Baltimore: it's a reference to the Star Bangled Banner, which was written right here in Baltimore in 1814. 
And yes, I love writing about the "hard-hitting, heart-melting hockey players" (so says USA Today!) that make up the Banners, and the independent, maybe-a-little-quirky and sometimes-stubborn women who love them.
There are currently eight stand-alone books in the series (Crossing The Line, Game Over, Blue Ribbon Summer, Body Check, Break Away, Delay of Game, Shoot Out, and On Thin Ice), and one novella (Playmaker, which released as part of the Seduced By The Game Cancer Charity Collection). Coach's Challenge, the second novella, releases on Monday, November 21, and One-Timer, Book 9, releases December 26.
As a hello-and-thank-you, I'd love to give away a digital copy of any of my available titles. Just let me know below which title you'd like and I'll choose one random winner on Monday. You can learn more about my titles by visiting http://www.lisabkamps.com/
Of course, my website isn't the only place you can keep up with me. If you're into stalking, check out these other links:


Kamps Korner (reader FB Group): https://www.facebook.com/groups/1160217000707067/


Thanks again, and I'll see everyone next month!

4 comments:

erin said...

congrats on your series!!! I'm not usually a sports romance fan, but I've read a few hockey romances and I loved them :) thanks for such a fun post!

Lisa B. Kamps said...

Thanks Erin!

dstoutholcomb said...

I've read a few hockey romances and enjoyed them.

I'm north of Balmer, too, hon!(I'm a transplant)

denise

Lisa B. Kamps said...

Too funny, Denise :)!