Pages

Friday, December 23, 2016

A Christmas Tasty Treat

One of my favorite things to do during the holidays is taste-test. I do little drive-bys of the cookie tin, at parties I like to sample everything so my plates look like something an international food fair might have...well, you get the picture. One of my favorite snacks is one I make all for me (because RadioMan thinks it's too sweet and bebe has this thing about puddings. Sometimes, I swear that child cannot be related to me. Anywho.)

We're in the nitty-gritty of the Christmas eating fest, and I thought I'd share the recipe - because every holiday gathering could use one more dessert, don't you think? Yeah, me, too. Here we go:

Kristina's Fairy Pudding Recipe. Now, here's what you need to know about it: it's sweet. Seriously. Sweet. So don't forget a glass of milk, and make sure your take little bits at a time. Don't fill up a whole bowl, you'll never be able to finish it.

What you need:

1 cup sugar
1 envelope Knox gelatin - plain
1 cup milk
2 egg whites
2 beaten egg yolks
1 cup whipping cream - the actual cream, not Cool Whip or the canned Readi-Whip stuff
2 cups Graham cracker crumbs - I like to use actual graham crackers and smush then in a ziploc with my rolling pin, hence the picture above

Directions:
In a sauce pan over medium heat, cook the sugar, gelatin, milk and beaten egg yolks until it bubbles. Do not allow it to boil or the milk will scorch. Remove from heat and put into a mixing bowl, allowing it to cool. Once cooled, fold the beaten egg whites and whipping cream into the mix. Get over to your Ziploc-with-graham-crackers and rolling pin the heck out of 'em until only crumbs are left. Layer 3/4 of those crumbs in the bottom of a serving dish - I use a 9x11 Pyrex, but you could use pie plates or any pretty dish, really. Pour the pudding over the graham crackers and then sprinkle the remaining crumbs over the top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and serve!

Now, I gave you this warning above, but I'm not above repeating myself. This pudding is awesomely good, but it's also awesomely rich - small pieces are your friend. So is milk. Enjoy!

Do you have a favorite holiday treat? Share in the comments!

Kristina Knight's latest release, Protecting the Quarterback, is available now from Harlequin Superromance: 

This is more than just a game … to her.

Sports broadcaster Brooks Smith has always been more involved with the game than the players. But after she shares the spotlight at an awards ceremony with tabloid sensation Jonas Nash, one night of letting her guard down around the infamous quarterback spirals into many heated days and nights together when she gets assigned to the story of the year…

The hottest player in professional football is hiding a secret that could end his career for good. Now Brooks is caught on the sidelines between the job she loves and the man she is falling in love with.

Amazon  B&N  KOBO  iBooks  Harlequin

You can find out more the book and Kristina on her website, and feel free to stalk follow her on FacebookTwitter or Instagram

1 comment:

dstoutholcomb said...

I love homemade pudding!

Merry Christmas!