Pages

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

A Bull Rider's Plan by Jeannie Watt

I have a new release in a few weeks. The Bull Rider's Plan is book four of my Montana Bull Rider series and the second twin book in that series.The first twin book, A Bull Rider's Pride, was about the wild twin, Tyler. This book is about the responsible twin, Jess.

Jess is the guy who saved his money, got good grades, and made certain his brother didn't get into too much trouble. Despite that, he's one hell of a bull rider--better than his brother--and the time has come to stop being cautious and hit the circuit, before it's too late. There's just one small problem...his late best friend's sister, Emma, is in trouble and Jess ends up bailing her out of her jam by taking her with him on the road--even though he really doesn't want to. And then the trouble begins.

Here's an excerpt from the morning after he rescues her from the Shamrock Pub, just before he ends up inviting her on the road with him:

Jess stood at the counter staring down at the toaster. He was ridiculously good-looking. Dark-haired with sculpted cheekbones and striking eyes. Her friends had all been mystified as to why she wasn’t all over him. She assured them that it was because she knew him. It was his attitude. As in, he had this attitude toward her. So…she’d had an attitude toward him.

Yet here they were.

He suddenly looked up, meeting her gaze. Oh yeah. Those were some eyes. Her memory wasn’t faulty.

“Morning,” he said.

“Morning,” she echoed, wishing her voice wasn’t so thick.

His eyes strayed down to her legs. “Are you wearing my jeans?”

“Maybe?” She automatically hitched up one side as she answered. “You weren’t using them.” She indicated the duffels with a jerk of her chin. “And it looks like you’re packed for your rodeo trip, which leads me to believe you weren’t taking them.”

“Maybe I wanted something clean to wear when I got home. Besides, that’s not the point, Em.”

She leaned her elbows on the counter next to him. “What is the point, Jess?”

“The point is that you took my stuff without asking.”

“And if I had wandered out in my underwear to ask permission…?” She gave him a how-would-that-have-gone-over look.

“You could have called from the bedroom.”

“Oh, Jeh-ess…can I wear your pa-ants?” She raised her eyebrows in a mock innocent expression. 
“Like that?”

“Yeah. Like that.”

This felt like old times, when Jess would go all follow-the-rules on her whenever she came up with a great idea, like going out to party with him and her brother, even though she was underage, and she would argue with him.

“You want me to take them off?”

“No.” The word came out so rapidly that it was almost embarrassing. His loss.

“Then I guess I get to wear your jeans.” She looked around the trailer. “You have a clothes dryer here?”

“Yeah. Right.”

“They make those apartment size things.”

“I go to the laundromat.”

“Pity. Now I have to wear your jeans.”

He didn’t answer, making her think that he was simply making noise about the jeans. The toast popped and he set it on a plate, then put the plate on the table. Emma took the hint and sat down, even though she wasn’t the least bit hungry.

“We’re going to talk.”

“We are?”

“I brought you to my home rather than leaving you to the mercies of your mom. I want some answers.”

She narrowed her eyes, ignoring the fact that it made her head hurt. “What kind of answers?”

He set a cup of coffee on the table next to the toast and then leaned back against the counter, folding his arms over his chest. His expression was don’t-mess-with-me serious when he said, “Tell me what’s going on.”

“You want to know my business?”


“Yeah. I do.”

It takes a few miles before these two start to see each other in a different light, but it was a lot of fun writing their journey. I hope you'll check it out!

Best,
Jeannie

Amazon       Kobo      Barnes & Noble

website     Facebook







1 comment:

dstoutholcomb said...

nice excerpt

denise